In this episode of Dear Baseball Gods, I explain basically everything about how to throw a changeup – the grip, the action, choosing sequences, when to learn it, how to learn it, how to progress with it, and much more. The changeup is an underrated yet vital pitch for pitchers of all ages in baseball.
Check out the video version of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKO_gDNydZk
Want to sponsor the show and my work, AND get free stuff? Go here: https://www.patreon.com/dearbaseballgods
Buy the shirt I’m wearing in this episode: https://www.gumroad.com/coachdanblewett
Buy my book: Pitching Isn’t Complicated: https://amzn.to/2Kdon9G
My second book, Dear Baseball Gods, is in editing – stay tuned!
Check out my premium online pitching and softball courses: http://courses.danblewett.com
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/dblewett20?sub_confirmation=1 download my free
Follow me on Social Media:
Official website: https://danblewett.com
My Reading List of Great Books: http://pinterest.com/coachdanblewett/boards/100-books-in-a-year/
I have numerous free ebooks and courses. Sign up for one and you’ll get access to all of them.
- 10 Softball Throwing Mistakes ebook: https://danblewett.com/ten-softball-throwing-mistakes/
- Common errors softball players makes, complete with drills and tips.
- How To Throw a Hammer Curveball ebook: https://danblewett.com/curveball
- Everything you need to know about the grip, hand action, physics, troubleshooting and more.
- How To Throw a Filthy Changeup Email Course: https://danblewett.com/changeup
- Start to finish – I’ll teach you a sinking, running changeup.
- Ace of the Staff Lite Online Course: https://courses.danblewett.com/p/ace-of-the-staff-lite
- My premier online course reduced into a free version. It’s all mental training and strategy for advanced pitchers who are physically nearing the top of their game.
Dan Blewett is a former pro pitcher who overcame Tommy John surgery twice, earning All-Star selections after both of them. He owns Warbird Training Academy in Normal, Illinois and has dedicated his life to helping young ballplayers stay healthy, avoid his mistakes and increase their baseball IQ faster than they could on their own.